Home Improvement Tax Incentives for Lake Elsinore Residents
Saving money sounds great to any homeowner — especially when it means saving on taxes. We know that the last thing you want to do is take up a big home improvement project that’s going to burn through your wallet and not leave much to show for it. That’s why we are here to tell you which home improvement projects to consider this year that will not only add value to your home, but also help you save on your taxes!
While the tax credits for residential energy efficiency may have expired already, there are plenty of other options still available to you as a homeowner in Lake Elsinore. There is a tax credit available for residential renewable energy products (like solar power) that extends through 12/31/2021, which means you still have time to upgrade your home to be more energy efficient with a solid tax incentive.
What HVAC Tax Credits Were Available – Now Expired
Unfortunately, most homeowners that didn’t install any new HVAC equipment before 1/1/2018 will not be eligible for the federal tax credits for the 2019 tax season or beyond.
Installing the following could have made you eligible for a tax credit:
- Heat Pump – Credit of $300 available for heat pumps that meet ENERGY STAR certification for efficiency.
- Main Air Circulating Fan – Credit of $50 available for an advanced fan that is efficient or a blower motor that pushes the air heated by the furnace through the home ducts.
- Central AC – Credit of $300 available for systems that meet the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 requirements.
- Hot Water Boiler – Credit of $150 offered for systems that meet the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 requirements.
- Furnace – Credit of $150 for gas furnaces that are categorized as ENERGY STAR certified.
Of course, no one likes to hear about what they just missed out on, but if you’ve heard about this option and were wondering if you could still be eligible, it’s helpful to know that they aren’t on the table anymore. It’s not all bad news, however.
Rebates Offered By Your Local HVAC Provider
We Care understands that upgrading your home heating, cooling, and ventilation system can seem like a big investment, especially when those attractive tax credits have just expired. That’s why we are here to help. Ask one of our representatives what are our current offers!
Ready to enjoy some savings on your next home improvement project? We Care wants to help you save on all your home comfort needs. Trust us to handle all your heating upgrades and AC installations in Lake Elsinore! Call anytime to find out more about our rebates, specials, and other saving opportunities.